Unlock your child’s potential and set them on the path to college and career by enrolling them in our K-12 Summer Programs! Your scholar will have the opportunity to explore their interests – from athletics, art, music to technology, fashion, and computer science – while going on fun field trips and making new friends.
- A Cut Above is an after-school program for scholars in grades K-8 that offers academic and creative enrichments, as well as real-world opportunities to cultivate career interests, engage in community service, and learn about life in college. Scholars enjoy academic tutoring, STEM-based learning, organized sports, arts projects, and much more.
- To enroll: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academy of Arts and Civic Engagement is an after-school program that prepares high school scholars for careers in the arts. Scholars gain career-ready skills, real-world experience, and a network of professional contacts.
- Click here to enroll. For more information, call 212-234-4500 or email email@example.com.
- The Employment and Technology Center is an after-school program for high school scholars that prepares them for careers in STEM and technical arts areas. Scholars gain career-ready skills, real-world experience, and a network of professional contacts. Focus areas include: Pre-Med, Architecture, Virtual Reality, Graphic Design, Audio Engineering, App Design, Gastronomy, and Fashion Technology.
- To enroll: call 212-369-5912.
- Countee Cullen Community Center is an after-school program for high school scholars where they learn the ins and outs of careers in broadcasting and media arts. Scholars gain career-ready skills, real-world experience, and engage with industry experts. Programs include: Animation, Broadcasting, Cosmetology, Creative Writing, Culinary Arts, Drawing, Fashion: Costume Design/Styling, Journalism, Magazine – Harlem Overheard, Podcasting, Sound Engineering, and Graphic Design.
- To enroll: call 212-663-0555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Programs
Click the buttons below to enroll in Harlem Children's Zone (HCZ) programs for newborns, toddlers, and preschool-age scholars.
The Baby College is a seven-week virtual or nine-week in-person workshop that supports new and expectant parents and other caregivers through the ins and outs of early childhood development.
To enroll: Fill out this form, call 212-665-9832, or email Babycollege@hcz.org.
The Baby College G.R.A.D.S. (Guardians Responding and Developing Strategies) Early Head Start program empowers new and expectant parents to strengthen the bonds between themselves and their children through at-home support and community events.
To enroll: email email@example.com.
Three-Year-Old Journey provides lottery winners of Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy Charter Schools with the opportunity to continue to learn, grow, and nurture friendships in the lead up to their admission to the school.
To enroll, call 212-665-9832 or email TYOJ@hcz.org.
Harlem Gems preschools prepares our youngest scholars to succeed in K-12 and beyond by building a strong academic foundation and starting them on the path to college and career. There are two Harlem Gems locations, at 60 West 117 Street and 389 Lenox Avenue.
For information on how to enroll: call or stop by one of our two Harlem Gems sites: Harlem Gems North (646 539-5898 / 389 Lenox Avenue) or Harlem Gems South (60 West 117th Street / 212-369-3577).
Start building a bright future for your child by submitting their application to Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy, our premier K-12 charter schools, today! Three-year-olds are encouraged to apply now so that they can start kindergarten at HCZ Promise Academy after they finish preschool.
To apply, visit the HCZ Promise Academy application page. Once you apply, your child has the opportunity to be entered into a lottery and assigned a random number. If your child’s number is called during the lottery (date to be determined), they will be accepted into HCZ Promise Academy and will begin at the school in kindergarten. If your child is not entered into the lottery, or their number is not chosen during the lottery, they will be placed on a waitlist. To find out your child’s number on the waitlist, call 646-539-5941. We also update the waitlist regularly and will notify you if your child becomes accepted.
HCZ Promise Academy
Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy is a top-performing K-12 charter school within Harlem Children's Zone’s cradle-to-career pathway of comprehensive services. When young scholars join our community, we promise to do whatever it takes to get them to and through college. Everything we do — from quality instruction to exceptional extracurricular activities to healthy, home-cooked meals — is designed to keep that promise.Apply to HCZ Promise Academy
Click on the buttons below to enroll in Harlem Children's Zone programs for elementary, middle, and high school scholars, and scholars in post-secondary education and careers.