We believe every child has unlimited potential. Peacemakers partners with Harlem’s public elementary and middle schools to help unlock that potential in all students.
For over 20 years, Peacemakers has worked with PS 149,PS 76, PS 197, and CS 154 to provide in-school and after-school support, as well as summer programming, to nearly 3,000 students annually.
Peacemakers prioritizes relationships — with students, with their families, and with educators at our partner schools, all with the goal of providing the supports needed to help them be their best selves.
Peacemakers wraparound academic supports and enrichment opportunities help Harlem’s children build character, engage in teamwork, and achieve success in and out of school.
- Targeted academic supports
- Enrichment activities in STEM, civics, and art
- Health and wellness workshops for students and families
- Real-world relevant learning experiences to promote college, career, and life readiness
- Advocacy case management
- Resources and assistance for parents and caretakers
We care deeply about building relationships with our students’ families. We engage families through workshops and meetings and proactive outreach as needed. We also make a point to be accessible when families are navigating challenging circumstances, such as a child’s school dismissal.
Enrollment in Peacemakers unlocks benefits to families, including:
- After-school programming
- Summer programming
- Social services support
- Health and wellness programming
Partner Schools and Program Hours
Our partner schools are: PS 149, PS 76, PS 197, and CS 154. We meet and work with our students at their school campuses.
The Peacemaker Program generally operates:
- Mondays – Fridays: 2:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. during the after-school program
- Mondays – Fridays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. during the summer camp program
You May Be Interested InA Cut Above
A Cut Above (ACA) encourages middle school students to choose promising futures over reckless behaviors today.