We believe every child has unlimited potential. At Peacemakers, we partner with Harlem’s public elementary and middle schools to help unlock that potential in all scholars.
Peacemakers works with P.S. 197, P.S./I.S. 76, P.S. 154, and P.S. 149 to provide in-school and after-school support, as well as summer programming, to nearly 3,000 students annually.
Peacemakers prioritizes relationships — with scholars, families, and educators to provide the supports needed to help our young people be their best selves.
Peacemakers wraparound academic supports and enrichment opportunities help Harlem’s public school students build character, engage in teamwork, and achieve success in and out of school. Our services include:
- Targeted academic supports
- Enrichment activities in STEM, civics, and art
- Health and wellness workshops for students and families
- Real-world relevant learning experiences to promote college, career, and life readiness
- Advocacy case management
- Resources and assistance for parents and caretakers
Parent and Family Engagement
We care deeply about building relationships with our scholars’ families. We engage families through workshops and meetings and proactive outreach as needed. We also make a point to be accessible when families are navigating challenging circumstances, such as a scholar’s school dismissal.
Enrollment in Peacemakers unlocks benefits to families, including:
- After-school programming
- Summer programming
- Social services support
- Health and wellness programming