Many students also participate in pre-college programs over the summer to help prepare them intellectually, socially, and emotionally for the responsibilities, challenges, and culture of college life. Finally, career exposure experiences—from visits to local companies to workshops with successful professionals—expand their understanding of the various paths available to them in their fields of interest, as well as the practical steps required to realize their dreams.
In 2012, we celebrated the graduation of the first Promise Academy® High School senior class. It was an extraordinary event—and not just because 100% of our seniors were accepted to college. That was only the start.
Select Student Achievements:
- The 4-year graduation rate for PAI and PAII class of 2019 exceeded the New York City 4-year graduation rate by over 20 percentage points.
- The 4-year graduation rate for PAI and PAII class of 2019 exceeded the 4-year graduation rate for NYC and NYS students, NYS and NYC White students, and NYC and NYS charter school students.
- 98% of the PAII class of 2019 passed the Regents ELA exam.
- 100% of the PAII class of 2019 passed at least one Regents math exam.
- The PAI and PAII class of 2018 graduated high school and enrolled in college within 6 months at rates 50% higher than NYC students.
The success of our students at both schools—like all of our successes at HCZ—would not be possible without the tireless, concerted commitment of our staff. From teachers to coaches and social workers, each and every member of the Promise team does whatever it takes to support the academic and personal growth of our students and make sure they are prepared to flourish in and after college. Ultimately, all of our students will be responsible, conscientious citizens—prepared both for a wide range of post-graduation opportunities and to make a positive impact on their communities.