How to Help
Support Our Mission
Follow HCZ and our CEO Kwame Owusu-Kesse on social media and engage, like, and share.
While we deeply appreciate the interest, HCZ is not a volunteer organization and does not offer opportunities for individual volunteers. Our goal is to provide our children with consistent support and services and limit introducing new people into our programs on a temporary or occasional basis.
Provide Virtual College And Career Exposures
Although we do not offer individual opportunities, we are always looking for corporations who can provide intentional and high-quality exposures to our students, helping to support their preparation for college and the highly competitive job market. Our bright students are eager to learn and gain experience.
Workshops are often the first exposure to a professional environment for our middle school, high school and college students. We organize events where students learn from seasoned professionals about their journeys and different fields and develop tailored workshops with corporate volunteer teams.
Internships provide our college students with the opportunity to gain work experience, forge valuable relationships and build a much-needed networking base. Plus, the income they can earn helps cover the cost of college tuition and books.
If your company offers workshops or internships – or would like to start – please click on the link below to request more information.
Student areas of interest include:
• Business (finance, management, administration, entrepreneurship)
• Health Sciences (healthcare, psychology, public health)
• Human Services (social services, education)
• Communications (advertising, media communications, journalism, entertainment)
• STEM (engineering, computer science, IT)
• Criminal justice, law, government, politics
• And others like fashion, cosmetology, sports, culinary arts, event planning, hospitality